Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pigeon Presentation

Earlier this week I got a call from Marvin Wilson, he works with the Pathfinder youth group program for the Oak Ridge Seventh Day Adventist church. Marvin wanted to know if I could come out and give their group a presentation. Sure!

This morning I gave a 2 hour presentation to their group. I brought four racing pigeons and the kids really enjoyed seeing the birds and petting them. We took the birds outside and released them. I called home to let Debby know that the birds were released at 10:26 am. Debby called back to let us know that the birds were home at 10:42. Not bad, it takes me 40 minutes to drive home from Oak Ridge while the birds made the trip in just 16 minutes!

I brought the Share the Blue Sky DVD and we watched Marathon in the Sky and Pigeons Go To School. They had a very nice audio visual setup in the chapel with a large projection screen, good lighting, excellent sound.

I also brought some materials from the American Racing Pigeon Union, the kids really enjoyed coloring the pigeon handout and also doing the crossword and maze handouts.

Several parents were in the audience, there were a lot of good questions and hopefully I was able to provide some good answers.

All in all it was a lot of fun. Marvin wants their group to get started with a homing pigeon project and perhaps get other pathfinder groups involved as well.

No comments: