Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hay you!

We just sold 50 bales of hay to a man from Spring City who is raising miniature Hereford cattle. The man responded to a post I put on craigslist a couple of weeks ago. Usually when we sell hay I am climbing ladders and lifting and stacking bales but due to my recent accident I won't be able to do any of that for a while. The man and a friend loaded up the hay, John was our bale counter, Mary was in charge of Pup control. Being in the hay business has been fun because we have met a lot of nice people.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought you would trade cattle for the hay.

Anonymous said...

We're not organized enough to know exactly what we'll be doing, however it will likely be some combination of cattle, horses, and hay. We might also do some Christmas trees, honey bees, berries, etc. One step at a time.