Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Transportation

My car made some funny noises and it jerked several times today when I shifted the transmission from Park to Reverse and then into Drive. It has never done this before, I think it may be about to break and it's not worth fixing. It's a 1995 Ford Taurus that I bought new which now has 222k miles. It's been a good car.

So, what should I get to replace it? I need something reliable and safe. Something that gets reasonable fuel economy. We have a lot of curvy country roads around here, I want something that handles fairly well. We could use a truck for the farm, but I don't know if I want to drive one all the time. However, we can deduct farm use costs on taxes so that would help a little. I may end up with another midsize four door sedan. What do you think?

No comments: