Monday, July 13, 2009

Le Tour de ..... White Stone


I don't watch much TV these days or sports. However, I do like to keep up with the Tour de France. I used to enjoy watching the Tour when Lance Armstrong was competing, then after winning his 7th tour he retired, the next couple of years there were doping scandals in the Tour, I didn't watch or follow much at all.

Now, Lance has come out of retirement and is riding again for Johan Bruyneel, this time for team Astana. Astana has a great team and is expected to win the tour. One new twist is that it's not yet known who the Astana team leader will be, Lance Armstrong or Alberto Contador. So I'm following the Tour again this year and enjoying it, we have DirecTV at home, the Versus channel (603) has excellent coverage.

I was on the phone with Mamaw and Papa (who were in White Stone) over the weekend and we talked a little about the Tour. Papa sent me a picture of Mamaw riding her exercise bike while watching the Tour de France on TV. Go Mamaw!

No comments: