Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Book Review: Hit by a farm

I recently had a birthday, turned 47. I've noticed that a lot of people I've known for a long time seem to be getting old, everyone that is except for me. Hmmmm.

Mamaw and Papa sent me a book titled "Hit by a farm", written by Catherine Friend. I used to devour books in my younger days but rarely read books now. I continue to read a lot just not many books. My son John reads a ton of books now. So, back to the book review.

The book is written by a woman who is an author and loves to read. This woman is one half of a lesbian couple, her partner Melissa works for a soil conservation office and loves animals and the outdoors. Melissa inherits money from her family and announces that she wants to move to the country and start a farm. And so they do.

The author shares many of the trials and tribulations involved in moving to the country and living on a farm and there are many humorous events and adventures. I enjoyed the book very much and can also relate very well to being "Hit by a farm".

Thanks Mamaw and Papa!

No comments: