Tuesday, September 29, 2009

John, Christopher



I have a son named John. My brother Greg has a son named Christopher. Greg and I (and our brother Mark also) have a cousin named John Christopher. Our cousin John passed away two days ago, he had ALS, aka Lou Gehrig's disease. He was just 44. The last time I saw my cousin was about 11 years ago at the funeral for his father, our Uncle Bobby. Uncle Bobby passed away from CJD, another very rare and terrible disease. The odds for this happening to father and son must be staggering.

We never can know God's will or when our time here on Earth will end. In looking for a silver lining I imagine that John's diagnosis gave him and his family time to plan, time to talk, time to laugh, time to cry, and time to love.

Our family extends our condolences to Aunt Pat, John's wife Heidi, and the entire Christopher family.

A few months ago I had a pure white homing pigeon hen "Dove" (named and claimed by John and Mary Piller) show up here at the farm, it was the first time this has happened and is the only pure white homing pigeon we have. Dove liked it here and decided to stay.

The Bible contains many references to doves which represent peace, love, and the Holy Spirit. Just before sunset on Wednesday Sept.30, the day of John Christopher's service, we did a white Dove release in honor of John Christopher.

No comments: