Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hiking in Hollywood

Over the Christmas break I've done quite a bit of hiking on the farm. I'll suit up and head out and hike for a couple of hours. I love it! I don't go fast, I mosey along, exploring and thinking. It's been cold, which is not a problem as long as it is not too windy. If it's windy there are protected areas with little or no wind. I've got a nice pair of insulated camoflage overalls which are very comfy, and they protect me if I get into any thorns. I typically hike with Pup-pup.

We have a lot of Holly trees scatted throughout the forest on the farm. Some holly's are just little baby trees, some are at least 20 feet tall. They are especially beautiful now since they stand out so much in the winter forest. So I told Debby that we are living in Hollywood.

No comments: