Sunday, November 2, 2008

Chip's Right Wing Blog


Seeing that I've been blogging for a while now, and that apparently election season is upon us, I felt it appropriate to weigh in on things political. From the picture you will see me and a right wing. Ha!

Yes, I'm a right wing conservative. I'm pro life. I believe in God. I believe in family. I believe in personal responsibility.

I'm supporting the McCain/Palin ticket. McCain/Palin will win Tennessee, we are a red state. As for the rest of the country I don't know.

My wife and I homeschool our children, previously we enrolled them in private school. Just like the founding fathers of our country were educated. The democrats however don't support school choice. As I frequently observe with liberals this is just one more example of "do as I say, not as I do". Barack Obama sends his children to private school. So did Al Gore.

I believe charity begins at home. Government social programs work against family and faith. Liberals are generous with other people's money, not their own. Obama has a brother living in a hut in Kenya and an aunt living illegally in a slum in Boston. Barack wrote a book from which he earned big bucks. In his book he described his family, his responsibility, and he claimed to be his brothers keeper. Barack earned millions and gave zilch to charity until he began running for president. Barack's running mate Biden earned millions and also gave virtually nothing to charity.

Obama joined a church and supported that church and it's pastor for 20 years. When it became public knowledge that Obama's pastor was preaching a lot of hateful things Obama claimed that he did not know. I don't believe him for a second on this. I've been to a lot of churches. While living in Yorktown, VA we briefly attended a church that was close to our home. We went there for a few weeks and were surprised and offended by the pastor. We had never before nor since experienced a pastor like this man. We quickly registered with and began attending a different church which was farther away.

Obama pledged to take public financing back in 2007, citing at the time John McCains pledge to do the same. John McCain stuck by his pledge, Obama did not. Obama now has a huge spending advantage in the election. Obama should be way ahead and easily win the election due to his huge spending advantage. Obama also has a big advantage by having the liberal mainstream media in the tank for him.

Obama wrote in his book that he used illegal drugs. Until recently he was a smoker, it's possible that he still smokes. Obama has a pattern of associating with some questionable people, for example his relationship with domestic terrorist William Ayers. Obama wants to be president but would likely not pass a background check for a job at the FBI.

Obama politics are the typical democrat tactics of class warfare, division, and dependence. Obama has compiled the most liberal record of any sitting US senator.

McCain voted with the Republicans less than Obama voted with the Democrats. I like McCains preference for market based solutions more than Obama's big government solutions. I trust McCain as commander in chief. Obama has waved the white flag of surrender and voted to cut off funding for our troops

It'll be interesting.

PS: just a comment on voting. I prefer the old fashioned paper ballot. Tried and true. Add optical scan if you want, but stick with the paper ballot. Electronic voting is not secure. Electronic voting makes it possible to hack an election. Another thing, I don't like early voting. I think that early voting opens up more possibility for fraud.

No comments: