Sunday, November 2, 2008

Swingset, friends


Here's a picture of a swingset I built a while back. It was sort of a quick and inexpensive prototype swingset, but the kids love it. We had a nice wooden swingset at out last house but a tree fell on it during a storm and snapped it in half.
This swingset is made from all 2x4's. The legs are 10 feet long. The top pieces are 8 feet long. I made some gusset plates out of 7/16 OSB. I built two frames and they are connected together by a pair of hinges. So, you can pull the legs apart or make them closer, the whole thing will fold up if you want to move it. I built this for about $20, and am surprised at how stable it is and how much the kids enjoy it. We'll see what comes next.

As for this picture, I took it a week ago, it shows Mary and her fried Sarah who spent the night here. We often have fog in the morning and it was just starting to burn off.

No comments: